S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a ew subscriber, i bought my first s10 july 4 weekend. Started looking for related websites and found this one, it is awsome. Been doin some back readin. 3 weeks ago our truck messed up on my way home from work, top speed was barely 40 mph 4th gear, also would not idle unless i unplugged the vac from the map & plugged the vac leak. 89 2.5 5spd. so i replaced tps iac ox temp map checked egr & sensor, replaced ignition module . :( still nothing, someone said in a previous thread to check the fuel preassure, that a weak preasure would make them do strange things ! surley not MINE it will run if i unplug the map vacume . After getting tired of butting my head i decided to checck my fuel pressure. WHAT fuel pressure, so we pulled the tank off, the rubber hose conecting the pump to the pickup tube had a huge slice in it . So we cleaned the inside of the tank, installed a new pump and it runs great ! Thanks for all the experience presented here. Vendis

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
That is not so uncommon... Might try a different font tho, that is very hard to read.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts