S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told you I couldn't resist and threw them on. They'll probably be on for the rest of the winter now. Oh well, i'll just have to keep up on them. I think it looks ALOT better than before!!

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
yeah man that shit looks pretty good right there. i like it cuz its still stock but its a new flare to the stock look. looks good man, now shave those handles or at least paint them

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BLACKZQ8stepside said:
Looks cool, did you get the center caps too? I was lookin' for a truck just like yours before I bought my black zq8, I love the pewter color. That is pewter metalic, right?
Yeah, he gave me the rims, tires and centercaps. I'm very happy with the way it looks now, I was able to get rid of those 205-75-15 balloon tires off it. And yes, it is pewter, very sharp color when its all clean.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
No ones said anythign yet, but whats up with the rims and centercaps? Did he strip the paint and polish them for you? And are those custom centercaps? I dunno, maybe its the pic but those rims look nothing like stock.

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AVTekk said:
No ones said anythign yet, but whats up with the rims and centercaps? Did he strip the paint and polish them for you? And are those custom centercaps? I dunno, maybe its the pic but those rims look nothing like stock.
Yeah, basically he did all the hard work. He stripped the clear coat and polished the rims to get them totally smooth. Then the centercaps he took some stock aluminum and glued it to the existing caps. He did a very good job with them as nobody realizes they are stock rims.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
looking good man....

I stripped all the clear off he wheels. Then sanded with 220-2000 grit sand paper. Then when they were smooth I polished them with a high speed polisher. Then he explained how I did the centercaps.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Sy-guy said:
Yeah, he gave me the rims, tires and centercaps. I'm very happy with the way it looks now, I was able to get rid of those 205-75-15 balloon tires off it. And yes, it is pewter, very sharp color when its all clean.
lol i'm running 235/70/15 damn balloons

1 - 14 of 14 Posts