S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
<bling>me</bling>
141 Posts
is it still cleared? i've had to send my unit back to caspers like 5 times already. i know that my blazer has a different connector on it than the s-10's do. i just wonder if caspers has been able to get one to work for blazers.

·
White Shark
63 Posts
I haven't had any problems and I drive a 97 Blazer. I put my O2 sim on in middle of Oct. I took the cat completely off.

Eddie

·
Catdoctor
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
el guapo said:
is it still cleared? i've had to send my unit back to caspers like 5 times already. i know that my blazer has a different connector on it than the s-10's do. i just wonder if caspers has been able to get one to work for blazers.
No problems. Everything is working fine.

·
Norcal
120 Posts
on my 02 i have no cat and my ses goes off all the time

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the O2 sim would work on any 1995+ S-10/Blazer with OBD 1.5/2.0, which has an O2 sensor after the cat, which is what the sim replaces.

·
<bling>me</bling>
141 Posts
actually, GM must've changed the connectors sometime between '95 and '02, because the connector on my '02 blazer is square, like the fullsize trucks. on a s-10, they're flat connectors.

if you call casper's and ask for a sim for an '02 blazer, they'll tell you that you need some kind of pass-thru sim. apparently, it lets the voltage from the sensor thru to the ECM, but simulates the smog sensor (or whatever it's called). this doesn't work on my truck either. i've sent mine back like 5 times already, and i'm just tired of them not getting it right, so i just never called them back a sixth time.

if anyone else with an '02 blazer (actually, any 98+) has had any luck with this, please let me know!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts