S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a turbo 350 with a 9" tail housing that im planning to put in my 84 s10 with a v8. will i have to modify my stock tranny crossmember or my drive shaft? and i wanna get a transpack shift kit, and you ahev to buy them 68-81, or 80-86. i know there are some years that cross in those one sive given you but that just what the jegs catolog say. is there a way to tell what year my tranny is? thanks

·
S-series abuser
694 Posts
First off is it a lock up converter th350 they will have a an electrical connector on the drivers side of the tranny. More than likely if its a 81 or newer it will probably be a lockup converter. As far as the splines on the tranny and the driveshaft they all should be the same. Anything else im not real sure about so id rather not say anything on those. My conversion was done on a 4.3 truck so im not sure if the 2.8's have the same length trannies or driveshafts. Also not real sure but the crossmember should be damn close to where it needs to be but you might have to slot the hole or drill a new one for the tranny mount.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cant seem to find any electrical connections, so i dont think its a lock up style. im just trying to get everything ready so i can bolt it all in. my engine is done, i just need to get my shift kit in and me vacuum modulator in. then hopefully it will all bolt in

·
S-series abuser
694 Posts
As far as i know man there are only two different styles of th350's ...lock up and non lockup converter. There are two different bell housing bolt patterns also. The chevy style and the buick,olds,pontiac BOP style. The electrical connector if it has one is on the drives side right behind the shift linkage vertically in the case. Hope that helps ya some.

·
Suicide Hood Guru
528 Posts
i put a 74 th350 9" tailshaft in my 88 blaz... originally was a 2.8 auto... my driveshaft was too long... i shortened it 1 1/2"... the tranny crossmember was close...i slotted the hole for it to bolt up... if you dont have an electrical connection on the drivers side then it is a non-lockup tranny... so you need a shift kit for a non-lockup so the gaskets and spacer plate match up...

http://www.northernautoparts.com/ProductModelDetail.cfm?ProductModelId=2510

1 - 5 of 5 Posts