S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my friends g-tech with us to test g's in my truck. He was in the truck with me and we got a high of .60 g's. We did like 5 runs with it, most were .56-.60. Dont really know if this is that great or not?

·
Registered
368 Posts
ehhhh...not really... i went to a competition and they tested skidpad of 10 street cars (eclipse, supra, 350Z to name a few) and they all pulled 1.0G and up.

·
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i didn't think it was great, not too sure how accurate this thing is either cause it gave me some wacky 1/4 times before, i'm sure its within a range though

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
I tested mine against the dragstrip timers and it read .25 sec slower and 3 mph faster than time slips but the error was consistent. Never tried lateral G's but I get .6g's accel in lower gears (1-2 shift)

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
now i've heard claims before that with the zq8 you can get pretty close to .9? is this just bs that people said without knowing?, my truck handles pretty damn good i thought, idk.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I dunno .9 is pretty good. What kind of tires come on the zq8s?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I believe zq8 suspended trucks are supposed to be able to pull .82g's which is really good for a truck. I think most stock camaro's (4th gens) pull around .80g's on the skidpad.

Straight line acceration g's are something different, I have never seen any real test numbers for acceleration g's though. Zq8's come with goodyear 235/55/16's.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
i heard .86 G from ZQ8...it does hug the road pretty good...ive taken some high speed stuff fairly well before i hit the limit

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
xxosiris9xx said:
i heard .86 G from ZQ8...it does hug the road pretty good...ive taken some high speed stuff fairly well before i hit the limit
I know it's over .80 so it could very well be .86. It does handle very well, it has impressed me many times taking offramps at over 50mph :)

·
First Gens 0wn
82 Posts
in my basically stock 4.3 TBI blazer (4 door) The higest ive ever gotton on my G-tech was around .24 Gs

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
.24 thats way off even for a 4x4.

·
First Gens 0wn
82 Posts
97S10SS said:
.24 thats way off even for a 4x4.
Trust me...I know...my blazer is a slow POS. a 4 door and a TBI motor just dont go well together. But as soon as a I have enough money out comes the 4.3 and in goes a 5.7

But still, mabye I need to go check those numbers again...it has been a couple of months since I last tested out the g's, I might be off.

·
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It might be about right, remember, this is a straight line, not the skid pad, one way, the other way, cornering shit....

·
First Gens 0wn
82 Posts
Yeah, I tested my Gs going in a straight line right out side my house.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts