S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my friends g-tech with us to test g's in my truck. He was in the truck with me and we got a high of .60 g's. We did like 5 runs with it, most were .56-.60. Dont really know if this is that great or not?

·
Registered
368 Posts
ehhhh...not really... i went to a competition and they tested skidpad of 10 street cars (eclipse, supra, 350Z to name a few) and they all pulled 1.0G and up.

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
I tested mine against the dragstrip timers and it read .25 sec slower and 3 mph faster than time slips but the error was consistent. Never tried lateral G's but I get .6g's accel in lower gears (1-2 shift)

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I dunno .9 is pretty good. What kind of tires come on the zq8s?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I believe zq8 suspended trucks are supposed to be able to pull .82g's which is really good for a truck. I think most stock camaro's (4th gens) pull around .80g's on the skidpad.

Straight line acceration g's are something different, I have never seen any real test numbers for acceleration g's though. Zq8's come with goodyear 235/55/16's.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
xxosiris9xx said:
i heard .86 G from ZQ8...it does hug the road pretty good...ive taken some high speed stuff fairly well before i hit the limit
I know it's over .80 so it could very well be .86. It does handle very well, it has impressed me many times taking offramps at over 50mph :)

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
.24 thats way off even for a 4x4.

·
First Gens 0wn
82 Posts
97S10SS said:
.24 thats way off even for a 4x4.
Trust me...I know...my blazer is a slow POS. a 4 door and a TBI motor just dont go well together. But as soon as a I have enough money out comes the 4.3 and in goes a 5.7

But still, mabye I need to go check those numbers again...it has been a couple of months since I last tested out the g's, I might be off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.