S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to work when I noticed my temperature gauge going retarded on me. It would drop down to 100 when I was stopped. But on my way home I noticed it didnt work at all, it stayed on 100. When I got home I poped the hood and it sounded like I there was a vacumm hose loose ( I heard a strange hissing noise). So is there a vacuum that would cause that or is it something else?

·
Registered
99 Posts
knight456 said:
I was driving to work when I noticed my temperature gauge going retarded on me. It would drop down to 100 when I was stopped. But on my way home I noticed it didnt work at all, it stayed on 100. When I got home I poped the hood and it sounded like I there was a vacumm hose loose ( I heard a strange hissing noise). So is there a vacuum that would cause that or is it something else?
well its a good thing that you fould a loose vacuum hose, however that has nothing to do with it.

the temp sensor checks the temperature of the fluid inside the block, pretty sure before the thermostat. thats more of an electrical thing there. could be sensor, or gauge. my guess, sensor.

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
I had that happen it turned out to be a bad grounding pin in the connector going to the sensor. The sensor is right under the tstat in the vertical piece. I would check there first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts