S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought this autometer gauge off ebay. and when i go it, it had this huge AN fitting on the end. now most gauges i have installed on a 350 block use a 1/2" npt nut that screws into the head and then uses a 3/8" npt sealing nut to hold the sending unit in. can someone tell from these pics if i can use this set up, or if i can take this AN fittin off somehow to use the more traditional set up.

Attachments

·
Crazy Canuck
207 Posts
By the looks of things that isn't a stock autometer temp sending unit....

they're pretty cheap though.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bol said:
By the looks of things that isn't a stock autometer temp sending unit....

they're pretty cheap though.
how do you change these out?

·
Crazy Canuck
207 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is a mechanical gauge tho....not electrical.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You can't change the mechanical guages,ther is a steel capilary under the plastic coating.Looks like you just need the proper SAE to AN adapter to make it work.Look through the Autometer site I bet you find it.

BTW,I didn't know they where making them like that.What is the part number?Might have to change mine.LOL

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt think you could change the mechanicals. the part number on this is 4331...same part number as any other 2 1/16" ultra lite mechanical water temp gauge. i emailed the guy. he said he had it run into his radiator, thats why its like that. i might end up sending it back to him.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It looks like you need a #10 or 12 AN to 1/2'' NPT to make it work.If you've got a decent speed shop nearby take it there and find the adapter that fits.I think the AN connection will look better then the others do.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont know if i want to make a hole to fit that #8 AN fitting through my firewall! its going back monday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts