S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My temperature gauge went out in my 2.8 4x4 2.8 went out after i changed my fuel pump.. i disconnected a pink and black wire, but reconnected it if that has anything to do with it. I cant find a good diagram to help me, so i hope you guys can. It works 15% of the time but not really any more... it usually goes out when the temp is up. The fuel gauge also doesnt work since i did the pump, if that helps at all, but i think that might be due to a mixed up wiring when i was testing the fuel pump and something threw some smoke.... but anyway.. temp gauge, whats wrong, how do i test it and fix it? THanks

·
Early Member
3,136 Posts
Check your fuses. I don't know about the color of wires of earlier s-10's, but in later models,Pink is injector wire. Purple is fuel pump and sender. Dark Green is coolant temp. Black should always be ground. If you can check the wire color on the back of your gauges, then check the color of wire at the temp. sensor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the temp sensor is front and center right next to the thermostat housing with and black and yellow wire coming out of it... but since the problem is occasional, i dont think it can be a fuse, or the sensor... i think i screwed somethin up during my fuel pump change some how, because it never had a problem before that... thanks for the reply.

·
Early Member
3,136 Posts
Check the back of the temp. instument gauge and compare those colors to your actual temp. sensor wire colors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts