S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this is what I wrote to Edelbrock, looking for a new TBI system/Manifold... in this e-mail I accidentally said carb instead of TB, ...... And that leads to my question (forgive my lack of mechanic knowledge) :: Is it possible to convert a TBI to a Carb injection, and what kind of difference in performance would there be?? I realize this is probably a stupid question, but I'd appreciate at least one "that was a stupid question, and this is why" response... Thanks---------

>>>>>>>>>> "we do not offer a smog legal cam at all for that engine. You mention its a TBI, but then you ask for a carb, are you converting it, I have one of each.

Shane Turner
Edelbrock Tech Dept.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 1:12 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: '91 s-10 needs parts

Hey, i've got a modded '91 S-10 pickup, 4.3l(z) TBI that needs a new system, and I've had luck with your products so far, SO, I was wondering what part numbers I need to get to have a new manifold, carb, and possibly cam (if it's emissions legal)... I am also looking at your performer IAS shocks, maybe I could get a package deal!! :) Thanks for your attention,

Luke Nielson <<<<<<<<<<

·
Registered
13 Posts
i don't know the technicalities of converting to/from fuel injection (fi), but if you go from fi to carb, there will be negative impacts on power, fuel consumption, and emissions. the ONLY reason people buy carbs rather than fi is because it is cheaper out of the box.

·
WICKED 6 RACING
2,189 Posts
If it is a dd it would not really be worth the time and money. But that is my own opinion. I run a carb on my 88. But it is very far from stock. As far as fuel consumption probably worse depending on carb. Emissions easier to tune to pass, no computer to through things off. Power won't see any unless the motor is way under fueled and fed air.

·
NuAge007
193 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
i have a 92 4.3 that was converted to carb. I bought the truck not running for 500 with almost new carb intake headers and distributor. since i cant compared milage to stock i cant help there. but i just passed my local emission test today

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.