S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - I just "almost" broke down. Parked at a store, came out to drive home and my car started and stopped after about 4-5 seconds. I restarted it and the same thing happened. Any ideas?

I took off the air cleaner cover and it seems to stop spraying right before it stops running. Could this be the fuel pump? About 10 minutes later, I started the car up and it ran fine and I drove home. All gauges in the truck were normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also forgot to add that it ran great when it was running for those 4 or 5 seconds. No misses or anything. Just shut down as if you turned the key off.

·
Sometimes I'm mean...alot
1,348 Posts
Had to say, too many items "in the mix" to call it.........yet!

pump, filter, relay, wiring, oil press. switch, fuel press reg., etc...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, its been running fine but i'm scared to drive it far now.

I think something was shutting down the fuel pump. I was reading certain sensors shut the fuel pump down if the engine is sensed as "running". Do you know what sensors these are?

The fuel pump is about 5 years old. Filter is under a year old, same with fuel pressure regulator.

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
sounds likew fuel pump to me, especially if its sluggish wont go in gear no power bogging down like

then its the pump

or split hose at pump inside the tank

that happens too..

make sure cap and rotor have been replaced in the past year also, these things eat caps and rotors very often and cause all kinds of issues.,.

replace often

check basics, because it is 90% chance something basic, like spark or fuel and the cap and rotor and the FP are the top ones to go bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts