S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
NuAge007
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all was wondering if i could get any assistance in a problem i am facing with my fuel intake . When idling and slow take off the truck runs great, but when i attempt to accelerate or give gas the truck sounds like it has bad gas, or not getting the correct amount of fuel (too little). i replaced a few connections between hoses and Injector but did not fix.

there is a thread that reflects similar troubles but has to deal with a 95 Blazer so i do not know if it correlates with me or not. and there are some references that have me stumped.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f20/blazer-bogging-out-alot-449804/

if anyone could shed some light so i dont (as the other posts says) just throw parts at the trouble. . . that would be great

·
NuAge007
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oki on my Code Scanner the code "35" comes up which is Idle Air Control. this error has come up before and never dealt with (about 3months ago). i have replaced a few minor parts and fuel filter, Filter was not dirty as when i blew thru it nothin impeded the air from leaving the other side. When i went to a mechanic just now his high tech code reader said th same thing as mine. he told me it could b anything from an actual injector to fuel pump(located in fuel tank) and it would b about 80 bucks to diagnose it . hoping to find remedy thru here before giving a stranger the money. IF this forum does prove to help i am gladly going to donate some of the 80 bucks as THIS PLACE has proven to be my online reference...with no exceptions.

·
NuAge007
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a few pics to hopefully help know what i have attempted so far. not trying to get in too deep too quickly ... thinking i need to have fuel pressure checked

have replaced. . . .
elbow rubber piece (highlighted in Yellow),
PVC Valve (highlighted in Yellow),
fuel filter

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I will post a flow chart for the IAC code tomorrow.
Do you have a DVOM and a fuel pressure gauge?

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
you clean the IAC yet?

how old is the FP?

how many volts in the FP wire back at the tank connector?

check grounds on engine especially small ground wires at or near the thermostat housing

try another MAP sensor off another engine that runs good, can be anything 80s or 90s car truck van doesnt matter, any size TBI or MPFI engine

·
NuAge007
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
post 4 response ...

i do not have either, but have an AIC on hold at autozone that i will pick up but not install until i clean and check out what is advised from here.

i think i know where to get my hands on a DVOM (brother-in-law is an electrician). i can put a deposit down for 100 bucks until i return the tool from autozone as well (for pressure gauge).

post 5 response ...

am assuming the FP is original (no receipts for replacement when i bought the truck)
and will begin to widdle down 80s and 90s vehicles for working MAP sensor.

thnx ... maybe a few days before i get to dig back into the truck. but will update ASAP

·
NuAge007
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Found a cool pic online while looking around . Hope this is the 4.3L TBI assembly i thought it was.

[/IMG]

curious though as the part i bought from Autozone (Duralst AC102 Control Vavle) does not have a "flange mount" it looks like a nut maybe 4/5 in size ...

if anything this image may help someone seeking help or answers for the TBI assembly

·
NuAge007
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i installed the new IAC and now truck wont start. i reset the puter using my code scanner and nothing . sounds like it is starving of fuel now. i keep wanting to tap the gas ( like i have a carb on it ) but i know or think that wont help this issue. HELP. turkey is waiting for me . what is my next move to kick this beast into action

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Did you do the proper procedure after installing the new IAC?
Turn ignition on for 5 seconds then off 10 seconds, start engine if not proper idle, repeat the procedure.
I generally turn the key on/off three times before starting the engine.

Just realized I never posted a flow chart for you, sorry about that.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Disconnect negative battery cable for 10 sec, then do the procedure that I posted above. Repeat until proper idle.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Did you set the pintle of the new IAC close to the same location as the old one?
You can measure it or just eyeball it, if it's way off you may need to carefully pull the new pintle out a bit.
I'll PM you my number and just shoot me a text.....

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
OK, posting the flow chart, sadly you need a scan tool for this chart, I will see if I can not find something better for you to follow. I will also find the ECM pin and give you the CKT # so you can check it for an open once you get a meter.

Atleast you can verify the resistance readings for right now, I will keep searching Mitchell for a better flow chart to post.

·
NuAge007
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
This is God sent . i have a multi-meter and a cou7ple friends. One has a BIG Body BLAZER. and the other is OCD with alot of gadgets.

i think i have a good chance at getting my b!tch running and will apllaud all who helped. DONATION TIME (haha)

thnx for the help and the CHART. if u get a chance u can post all the charts here and i will print them off and have them ready . we r going to get started bout noonish . HE!! yeah.

*** BOX'd and beautiful. Don't b jealous (when i get her back on the road that is).

·
NuAge007
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
MISSION COMPLETE !!! it was actually my TP (throttle Positioning sensor) still falls under **CODE 35** now the beast is back and running better than ever. though she is still slightly advanced on idle. think the timing needs adjustment. that is a project for tomorrow when timing light is available.

so in finishing it wasnt item number 24 it was part number 18 ( referring to part numbers from post #8 , above pic of TBI assembly).

Score one for the new fish and friends.

next project shaving door handles and 2nd battery installation.

Box'd GMC on the road again .

¡¡ f∩ck ford !!

--
thnx jtcfanof3 for flow chart, and please keep posting the pics of all images helping someone else in similar situation . or later help for me on this type of situation

your help is appreciated

·
NuAge007
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so the bogging is still present. Hmmm

time to re-look at this thread. I know the answer is here . the shaving is on hold . Nuts and bolts gauges and relays now . No more lipstick on the pig approach . This is killing me

·
NuAge007
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so the bogging is still present. Hmmm

time to re-look at this thread. I know the answer is here . the shaving is on hold . Nuts and bolts gauges and relays now . No more lipstick on the pig approach . This is killing me

1 - 20 of 49 Posts