S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi do thay make a TBI 4.3L vortec i was told today that my truck (1994 s10) dont have a vortec i told the kid that he is full of it my vin has the Z in it and it says vortec on the valve covers and i have drove my friends old 4.3L non vortec and my truck is way way faster and more HP his truck will spin the tires just a little i can go from 1st to drive and just burn both tires as long as i like with out the brake i have to power brake at 1st thin let off .....
back to my ???
do thay make a 4.3L TBI vortec in 94?

my truck is a 1994 LS s10 thin vin is ######Z4RK##528

·
it looks stock.. kinda..
638 Posts
GM says it's a vortec, so it's a vortec.

Most purists will tell you that the "true" vortec head design didn't come about until 96, though.

Teeleton

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Teeleton said:
GM says it's a vortec, so it's a vortec.

Most purists will tell you that the "true" vortec head design didn't come about until 96, though.

Teeleton
Teelton you should have said, some idiots say "the "true" vortec head design didn't come about until 96" Most of these morons, that make that statement, don't even know what a true vortec motor is. The only thing that make a vortec motor is the design of the intake port. The earlier vortec heads, had the correct design to make them vortec, so they are true vortec motors.

·
Lotsa parts, Lotsa brands
24 Posts
Blame GM for the confusion.

"Vortec" is GM's name for the design of a series of their engine heads.
However on top of the CPI intake manifold they put this big "Vortec" label.

When I first got involved with this engine, I thought the "Vortec" label on top of the CPI intake manifold meant that only the CPI engines were Vortecs.
I'm sure it confuses many others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok to all you back yard mechanics, This Vortec subject just drives me nuts. The '96 and newer 4.3 Vortec use Aluminum cylinder heads. But Vortec motors were first introduced by GM in 1988. The name first appeared in 1988 on a 4.3 L V6 that used "vortex technology" to create a vortex inside the cumbustion chamber, creating a better air/fuel mix. Chevy's production 4.3L 90-degree V-6 (V6-90) block is physically similar to a same-vintage 350 small-block V-8 with one important exception: the oiling system. Chevy small-block V-8s have three oil galleries above the camshaft. The central gallery feeds the camshaft and crankshaft bearings, while the two side galleries lubricate the lifters and valvetrain. Production V6-90 engines (including the 4.3) have only two oil galleries. The passenger-side gallery feeds the right bank of lifters, just like the small-block V-8. A large-diameter driver-side gallery feeds both the left lifter bank and the camshaft and crankshaft bearings; it is offset from the lifter bore centerline to allow oil to flow around the lifter bodies. The production V6-90 two-gallery oiling system has proven satisfactory through 7,000 rpm. In 1992, GM introduced a balance shaft on 4.3 engines.
All Vortec V6-90 degree motor use a cast iron block and heads with a 4 in (101.60 mm) bore and 3.48 in (88.39 mm) stroke, both of which are the same as a 350, which gives them a displacement of 262.39 cubic inches (4,299.8 cc). Connecting rods still measure 5.7 in (144.78 mm) although the rod journal diameter is 2.25 in (57.15 mm). 1992 and later cylinder blocks used a different timing cover since these engines used a balance shaft (some 1992 production cylinder blocks for the LB4 with TBI induction used the 'traditional' front timing chain cover from the small block Chevrolet). This change created a situation where most aftermarket timing chain alternatives do not fit. This is true of gear drives and double roller chains

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
Ok to all you back yard mechanics, This Vortec subject just drives me nuts. The '96 and newer 4.3 Vortec use Aluminum cylinder heads. But Vortec motors were first introduced by GM in 1988. The name first appeared in 1988 on a 4.3 L V6 that used "vortex technology" to create a vortex inside the cumbustion chamber, creating a better air/fuel mix. Chevy's production 4.3L 90-degree V-6 (V6-90) block is physically similar to a same-vintage 350 small-block V-8 with one important exception: the oiling system. Chevy small-block V-8s have three oil galleries above the camshaft. The central gallery feeds the camshaft and crankshaft bearings, while the two side galleries lubricate the lifters and valvetrain. Production V6-90 engines (including the 4.3) have only two oil galleries. The passenger-side gallery feeds the right bank of lifters, just like the small-block V-8. A large-diameter driver-side gallery feeds both the left lifter bank and the camshaft and crankshaft bearings; it is offset from the lifter bore centerline to allow oil to flow around the lifter bodies. The production V6-90 two-gallery oiling system has proven satisfactory through 7,000 rpm. In 1992, GM introduced a balance shaft on 4.3 engines.
All Vortec V6-90 degree motor use a cast iron block and heads with a 4 in (101.60 mm) bore and 3.48 in (88.39 mm) stroke, both of which are the same as a 350, which gives them a displacement of 262.39 cubic inches (4,299.8 cc). Connecting rods still measure 5.7 in (144.78 mm) although the rod journal diameter is 2.25 in (57.15 mm). 1992 and later cylinder blocks used a different timing cover since these engines used a balance shaft (some 1992 production cylinder blocks for the LB4 with TBI induction used the 'traditional' front timing chain cover from the small block Chevrolet). This change created a situation where most aftermarket timing chain alternatives do not fit. This is true of gear drives and double roller chains

So much fail :doh:

So damn much fail...

Why Why WHy Why dig up such an old thread? :dunno:

Was your goal to look like an idiot? jesus tittyf*cking christ :twak:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is off topic but i just bought a 95 blazer with the vortec 4.3 and i was wondering if anyone has ever done a conversion to carb. Is this possible? If so what parts would i need?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,481 Posts
Not only is it off topic, this thread is dead. Please don't revive them. Feel free to start your own thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi do thay make a TBI 4.3L vortec i was told today that my truck (1994 s10) dont have a vortec i told the kid that he is full of it my vin has the Z in it and it says vortec on the valve covers and i have drove my friends old 4.3L non vortec and my truck is way way faster and more HP his truck will spin the tires just a little i can go from 1st to drive and just burn both tires as long as i like with out the brake i have to power brake at 1st thin let off .....
back to my ???
do thay make a 4.3L TBI vortec in 94?

my truck is a 1994 LS s10 thin vin is ######Z4RK##528

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 94s10 4.3 tbi z vortec so I know they made them in 94 an it will scoot down the road all iv done to it was a cold air intake,1in tbi spacer new distributor 8mm wires e3plugs new 460e trans an 2 new injectors. Only thing I don't like is the rear end is a 308 single

1 - 12 of 12 Posts