120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get one for my 02 s-10 2.2 if anybody makes one

thanks
jesse

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Godfather's customs....79 bucks, maybe cheaper, I forget....helix power tower throttle body spacer

Noticed a gain in throttle repsonse, gas mileage, and it came with a cool whistling noise

Caleb

·
Registered
77 Posts
Summit also carries a Helix Power Tower made by Street & Performance Electronics and sells for 69.95 without shipping and handling. The part number is SEL-22005 it's for a 99-02 S-10 2.2.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
4 bolts.......

easy as hell

Caleb

·
Registered
893 Posts
if ya need help i made a lil DIY page, also mine doesnt whistle. WTF! i got jipped outta the whistle! lol

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
anyone know if the TB spacer actually gives any performance increase? I heard that on some fuel injection systems the swirled air is actually detrimental to performance.

·
516 Posts
anyone know if the TB spacer actually gives any performance increase? I heard that on some fuel injection systems the swirled air is actually detrimental to performance.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Yeah it gave me more repsonse, and more gas mileage.....so I'm completely happy with it.....for 70 something bucks its a noticeable improvement!

caleb

·
Registered
389 Posts
How would a TB Spacer give more performance on a port injected engine?

·
516 Posts
that is what I heard so I was wondering if anyone knew. is the 2001 port injected?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Dunno the matematics or whatever, but I did notice a nice lil gain on the bottom end.....I noticed this more than my damn exhaust!!! Every little bit helps.....

Caleb

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
By lengthening the intake track you straighten the charge which speeds it up thereby giving greater cylinder charge density..The swirl is mostly cosmetic that cant be seen because the effect on these motors is negligible. Every test I have seen done on the 4 and 6 cylinder motors was little to no aprecciable gains. Even less with the 6....Most of the time what you feel is mental horsepower...you read it works, you want it to work, so it does....

·
Registered
18 Posts
The spiral is not for looks... It puts the air into a spin which forces the air in faster... more air, more burn, more horse power! This mod alone is not going to be something so noticable that it throws you in your seat, you will get better gas milage and little bit of a quicker response. But with that mod, a efan, intake, plugs and wires, coil packs, header and exhaust you will see a big difference.

Just my .02

·
Registered
77 Posts
STS has a 56 mm THROTTLE BODY not a throttle body spacer.

B

·
0 Posts
that how i feel with everyone putting a intake on their trucks. i put one on my truck and it gave me alot better fuel mileage and more torque in low reves but i dont think it made me any faster. i think its a mental thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts