S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just checked again on rock auto to make sure that the bushing to fram (upper shackle bushing) isn't straight, all the knes they sell are indeed tapered. But mine doesn't seem to fit. Should I keep banging harder? Yes I use a block of wood; still managed to bend it...

I forgot my balljoint press elsewhere which is what I'll try if y'all encourage me to.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That looks correct. I just installed an ACDELCO 45G15022 Leaf Spring Shackle Bushing in my 2002 S10 frame today. Both rear bushings, leaf spring eye and frame, are the same. Installation was super easy for me with Astro’s XL C-frame press; adapters; and an impact wrench. However, I am a bit surprised you are having problems installing it in the frame. That is relatively easy compared to installing in a leaf spring eye that probably has an unsprung ID much smaller than the bushing OD. Are the holes in the frame free of rust?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had cleaned them out real nice last week, got yelled at and had to put my tools away asap. So today i scratched it with a flat punch to free some rust. could be, but i doubt it's "too rusted"... i'm sure the balljoint press will dk it. thanks for answering/confirming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts