S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thats a nice tank. Just depends on what size you want. I think Gauge has that tank cheaper though if you want to check with them.

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, ok maybe ill do that. i noticed it says the tank will go up to 150 psi, so when people have trucks that hop, how do they do that? isnt 150 psi too low for hopping? i dont need to hop im just curious

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Most DOT rated items are rated at 1/3 their burst pressure. You an easily run 300 PSI in a tank and not have to worry about it poppin on ya. 300 Is the max i would ever put into a tank tho.

With your forum discount from gauge magazine, i think the price comes out to be the same. You can get whatever tank you want, as long as it fits your needs, whether it have 2, 6 or 8 ports. Figure out what you need and want, then find something that will be comparable.

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'd rather place the tanks under the bed if possible, so i think for now ill have 1 five gallon then possibly add another later

·
Registered
882 Posts
well now that i see you want it mounted under the bed i wouldn't go with a tank like that. have heard it said that the petcock you put on it will scrape the ground. search zygote's gallery. he has some great pics of the tanks you should be using. i believe his are airlift's tank having the bigger 1/2 inch ports or you could use the air ride tech tank with the 3/8 ports.

i'm i'm not certain on this one yet, but i do believe art now makes a tank with 1/2 inch ports

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
well if u are going under the bed with that tank... i have the same one and we mounted box tube..2x2 i think on top the frame.. and the tank under the tube. i hit it once and i had it 3 days haha.. i would recomend putting the tubin threw the brakets of the tank to lift it a little more. or get a slim 5 gallon. and it depends were u live.. i dont mind it.. just got to b carefull and remember its there:kiss: when i get a gallery on here i cant get u a pic..

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mabye i shouldn't put the tanks under there... my friends have done it without problems though

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
no it is a VERY nice and clean set up... i only hit mine because i was um... off roading haha i needed to turn around and just nipped it nouthing major... i have a pic of how much clearence...if u have a Email... but u said ur friends have done it so u can c how much u got to work with.. mine is no lower then my punkin in the bac but if u want a pic email me at [email protected]

Nite

·
Soon to be bagged
128 Posts
if you were to get 2 5 gallon tanks y not just go to [email protected] and get a 12 gal tank for like 59.99

1 - 20 of 21 Posts