S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
25 days ago mytruck started bogging, i made it home turned it off andf it wouldnt start. i noticed the fuel pump would not sound when id turn the ignition on. so my fuel pump went. i went out bought a fuel pump from canadian tire. trying to take off one of the 4 boltsa holding up the tank i smash myself in the face with my hitch i was using as leverage on my rachet. anyways i end u^p changing the tank straps brack pump and some fuel lines. put gas into it, ready to go. get in try to start no start. check for fuel at the engine check for spark got both. go out by a fuel pressure test kit 150$. test the psi 10-15 psi but i mistaked psi with kpa and thoguth everything was normal so i went on to thinking the cpi unit replaced it. try to start no start. test pressure agaiin see 10 psi and flip. rewstricted fuel pump. check the lines and the fuel filter. nothing found.

my problem ended up being the fuel pump canadian tire gave me the tbi pump for my cpi engine. i ****ing flipped. 1250$ later for a ****ing fuel pump.

everyone who works at the pieces counter at canadian tires **** YOU

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i lost 1000$ with a cpi unit(300$), towing to the garage(50$), labour for replacing the cpi, new intake gasket, and a spacer, the labour to find the fuel line restiction, and then i found out about the tbi pressure from rlith on here, thanks, and the difference in pump price 100$, and 270$ of labour to install the new pump(cause its cold outside in Canada eh.

life a bitch

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
Those Canadian tire boys are absolute f'n morons.

They don't know shit from tar and thats why their driveway stinks.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Dude I am not trying to be an ass or anything but before u go out buying parts thinking that its going to fix it really really make sure that the part is not working and then go buy the part. There is a way to test out just about ever single part on a vehicle to make sure it works. Some people on this forum just go out and buy part after part and then complain about the cost and still havn't found the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts