S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To take off the rear side panels that have the lil coat hanger tab and seat belt slot, would you have to do something to remove the seatbelt? It comes out the middle of the panels and bolts to the top with a torx bolt, but i dont see how one would go about removing that panel with the seatbelt coming out the middle. Im wanting to tweed it and just havent got around to tampering with it, and i figured that i would ask some peeps who may have experience. Thanks!

(If you know wtf im talking about, thats great cause i know i did a stand up job describing it) :D

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yes, you will have to unscrew the torx bolt. Then after that, pop off the panel and slide the seatbelt through that little slot in the middle. Just work the seatbelt around and everything will slide through just fine.

And don't forget (if you haven't already) go ahead and through some dynamat on there while the panel is off.

*EDIT*

This is how I had to do it with my extended cab, I forgot you have a reg cab but I doubt it'll be any different.

·
Registered
123 Posts
To remove the seat beat... you have to remove 2 torx bolts for each side. One on the panel and one at the floor... just slide the pieces through the hole.. you have to leave the middle piece open to do this.

·
Hell Bound
262 Posts
Does this go the same for removing the third door panel on an extended cab? And does dynamat work good? i think i remember reading on sounddomain or sumthing about how that shiz delaminates and breaks down and makes a mess in your door panels over time... ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts