S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE BEST METHOD I'VE FOUND FOR TAKING BUGS OFF IS CASTLE VINYL CLEANER SPRAY IT ON WAIT A MIN OR TWO AND HOSE OFF

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
If you want a real good way to remove bugs.
Use baking soda. Just get the front of your car wet. Then take a handfull of baking soda and rub it where the bugs are and they will come right off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Windex is money. The amonia takes them stupid dead bastards right off. That what we use at the detail shop i work at.

·
2.2 drifter
1,907 Posts
i just scrub, works for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
or go to the super wash(if you have one) and use super soap and it will take it off better than anything!!

·
I'm probably drunk.
8,650 Posts
if you have a wholesale detail supply store near you see if they have little brown SOS style scrub pads made out of walnut shells... it cleans the hell out of your car and doesnt scratch at ALL..

·
ZR2 member
1,899 Posts
I just spray them with Windex,let them soak,then they wipe away with a little soap and one of those bug remover sponges you get at Wallyworld.That sponge also does a good job at removing the road grime and junk from the lower body panels.

·
Still waters run Deep
937 Posts
When washing your truck and you get to the bug part, just use an old pair of panty hose. It doesn't scratch the paint and it gets the job done effortlessly. (my mom's idea)

·
Useless posting member
10,828 Posts
sdime98 said:
windex....hmm interesting...looks like i've found somethin new to try out...
Ive found alot of stuff to try... with four vehicles... i can test them almost all at the same time :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wrkn prgs said:
Ive found alot of stuff to try... with four vehicles... i can test them almost all at the same time :D
another one to try is Kerosene.....works wonders on tar and bugs with a scrub brush or sponge. very effortlessly they will come off. trust me.....i had to prep 8 cars/hour for full details...this stuff works quick and great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
just find a product company in your area and get some all purpose cleaner and spray away at them...power washer will work best....been cleaning cars for a long time now...

peace

Orange Julious said:
THE BEST METHOD I'VE FOUND FOR TAKING BUGS OFF IS CASTLE VINYL CLEANER SPRAY IT ON WAIT A MIN OR TWO AND HOSE OFF

1 - 18 of 18 Posts