S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want taillights with no trim. I've been keeping an eye out on the streets to look for someone to trade with. I've got the chrome trim taillights. I remember on eBay seeing a taillight with no trim but I remember it being totally smooth, like an Astro Van's tails, and I can't find any pictures. Since I've been looking around on the streets I've noticed some without trim but they have ridges (like in the picture). Maybe that's what I first saw but don't remember.

Is this what I'm thinking about or are these just taillights with the trim fallen off?......

Attachments

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I got some...but their not in the best condition...I am looking for the one's with chrome. Mine have blue dots installed in them. Mine look about as good as the pic you posted..and they made them with no chrome.. difference in models. I don't know if you can just pull the chrome off or not.

Attachments

·
2SMOOTH
204 Posts
The lights are the same either way, if you remove the trim from your lights they will look just like the ones in your photo. I've got a set with no trim, one set with black trim, one set with chrome trim, one set with blue dots, and a clear set with brushed trim...

·
S-10 resurection
40 Posts
taillights

you could get these off ebay for different prices. if you dont like the color or look you can buy clear red paint at an auto store and paint them red. still gives a uniqe look. just dont paint the reverse section.

Attachments

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
that chrome trim comes off with no problems as long as you dont wanna reuse it just get a flat blade screwdriver and pry the ***** off

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
And if you don't like the bump around the edge just gring the thing off the polish the entire lens with polishing rouge...you know how to do that.......right?

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
rhenry01 said:
And if you don't like the bump around the edge just gring the thing off the polish the entire lens with polishing rouge...you know how to do that.......right?
i have a pic of this but it's on my university harddrive at school. the thing is, i'm home for the summer so that doesn't do any good. it looked pretty good.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
What...you can't rlogin to your account at school and FTP the files across to your machine at home? And what was the pic going to be of?

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
rhenry01 said:
What...you can't rlogin to your account at school and FTP the files across to your machine at home? And what was the pic going to be of?
the computers are what they call PUCC accounts and i can't get anything off the hardrives unless i'm in one of the university labs. it was a pic of a guy who smoothed his tailights from s-seriesforum.com a long time ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts