S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was trying to put in led bulbs in my tails and they wouldnt go in so i looked at the package and realized they are 3157's not 3057's. is there any way to get these to work bc the autoparts store doesnt have 3057 led's? i was thinking about buying a 3157 housing for the bulbs and just connect it where the old housing for the 3057's, but where would i get the housing. also when i put the old bulb back in....the turn signal wont work. i put in 2 new bulbs and they didnt flash either. what is the deal?

jon

·
I just cummed.
18,280 Posts
i think you may need to repace a few fuses. I did the same thing and all in all it would be a good idea to sell or return them to save yourself the hassle. there is no way i know to make them work.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had the same problem, all i can say is Red Glass 3057, but they turn pink after a while and then you get pulled over.......

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
Probably need to replace the fuses...I bought leds from http://www.superbrightleds.com/ They work fine except they are hard to see in the daytime striaght on from the back. The blinker also flashes twice as fast which you can correct but i kinda like...hope that helps

·
Bagged' FSC!
79 Posts
Just received my 3157 Red LED's from Superbright for my all clear tails cause the red glass bulbs were lookin pink, Superbright is excellent IMO everytime I order I receive my LED's quick!

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
I ordered my led from HZ Engineering and i love them...they are hella bright during the night, you can almost see them during the day...Pete at HZ also had 3rd brake lights, and flasher load kits so they don't blink superfast...you can even get all different colors od led bulbs for dome lights, 19'4 and other applications too

·
Adrenaline Junky
158 Posts
dropt98chevy said:
They blew fuses because they are a cheap brand, most good companies won't carry apc cuz they are a hassle. Get jamstraight or something. Get a good bulb not apc.
Are Eurolite a good brand?

·
Registered
382 Posts
for all of you that have problems with the LED's..... take a look at this site...... www.autolumination.com this site has many different colored LED bulbs for vehicles including the red LED for tail lights...... i also recommend investing in the load equalizers they help in taking the electrical load off of the circuit and allow the LED bulb to flash slower...... i bought hyper white 3157's for my blazer and i also bought the load equalizers and they work great.......

sorry so long.... hope it helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts