S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've searched around for quite a few hours on this.

I have a second gen, and the tailgate rattles around, alot. You can push it in about 1/4" and pull it out about 1/4" at the top. I was wondering if there is some kind of rubber bumper or something to isolate it?

If I remember right the 1st gen has a small rubber bumper that screws into the bed, just curious as to what to do with my 98, it gets a little annoying, especially on our rough ass Oklahoma roads.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
you might need to adjust the latch too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Truck tailgate.

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
open it up and see if the rubber pads are still there. Should be one on the latch on the truck bed and one on the tailgate latch.
Then one snapped to the truck bed. All of these are on each side.

If all of those are still there I'd look at the tailgate latches, and pull on the handle and make sure the pin is working on both sides, and that they reach the latches on the truck bed. If only one side is catching the tailgate can really rattle.

·
Compliance!
5,156 Posts
mine does the same thing, seems like theres a gap for some reason. my bros sonoma doesn't do it. I haven't had a chance to compare em but I'm gonna try soon and see if I can fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
open it up and see if the rubber pads are still there. Should be one on the latch on the truck bed and one on the tailgate latch.
Then one snapped to the truck bed. All of these are on each side.

If all of those are still there I'd look at the tailgate latches, and pull on the handle and make sure the pin is working on both sides, and that they reach the latches on the truck bed. If only one side is catching the tailgate can really rattle.
I have none of these, is there any way I cab find some part number or something? I've looked on LMC exploded views, but cant find anything.

·
Dump em' Out
5,502 Posts
There is little rubber stoppers they use to stop that movement.....I forgot the part number but goto a local GM dealership....they should be able to look it up. Or steal from from someones S10 in a parking lot (kidding)

·
Premium Member
664 Posts

·
98sdime
135 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
wow how did I miss that.

ok. it would be easier just to check to see if the bumpers were there..

Mine only clicks once after installing new bumpers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts