S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was offroading and i caught some air and now my tailgate handle is gone... i need to know how to open the gate without the handle. any help is appreciated thanks
-Matt

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
i reccomend a torch!:flame:

that, or weld it shut and mold it, haha...:welder:

but fer real, cant you reach in and get the rods? or maybe from the inside of the bed you can use a screwdriver to push the latch mechanism back? you'd probly need two people for that.

C

·
0 Posts
moshbikes114 said:
i was offroading and i caught some air and now my tailgate handle is gone... i need to know how to open the gate without the handle. any help is appreciated thanks
-Matt
You need to somehow get the bars that connect to your latch & pull them to where they open. I would tie them up with something until you can get a replacement

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha good advice... first of all i tried catching air again it didnt work, so i fished around til i found the little metal plate that i can push with a screwdriver to pop it open. thanks for all the help

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,541 Posts
:rotf: :rotf: :haha: :haha: how the **** did your handle just randomly just fall out? is it that beat up?, i mean **** those things are bolted down :rotf:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts