S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have a 2003 GMC Sonoma ZR2 , my tail lights and brake lights do not work however my reverse light does and my third brake light at the top does.

then my headlights work and the turn signals come in but do not flash same with hazards they do not flash.
I have removed and cleaned all my grounds front and back of the truck

I have checked all fuses with a test light and upon checking them I realized when I remove my PARKLP 20A fuse from under the hood the turn signals and hazards will then blink but they allow the gauge cluster lights to blink as well and then once the PARKLP 20A fuse is put back they then go solid again , all other fuses are good , I also replaced my flasher relay behind my glove box

I can’t figure out how to fix these problems I hope someone has some direction for me ahaha

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,337 Posts
Please...for the love of Pete...use some punctuation. Not only does it make your posts easier to read and understand, people are more likely to try and help you out...you put in the effort....they will also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Rhotpursuit It’s laid out to be straight to the point of my issue and what I’ve done to try and fix it. Help is needed on electrical issues for my truck , not punctuation. My apologies for bothering you. again help is appreciated as I’ve tried everything I could think of to solve this issue

·
Been there Done it
12,457 Posts
Recheck the ground junction blocks on the rear inner frame rails. They are the little boxes with green caps. All of your rear lights join inside of them and then one wire goes to a screw into the frame. It's quite common for one or more of those wires to break inside the block or inside the insulation of the wire. An ohm meter from each light sockets black wire to the frame rail will tell you is there is an open circuit - broken wire. 90% of turn and tail issues are caused by those junctions. Check all your bulbs also. One of mine had 3 burned out turn signal bulbs.

Reactions: Felix2000

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@oldeerslayer oh ok I never thought about that , thank you for your reply I’m going to take a look at those tomorrow and I’ll get back to you on if it worked or not ! Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Recheck the ground junction blocks on the rear inner frame rails. They are the little boxes with green caps. All of your rear lights join inside of them and then one wire goes to a screw into the frame. It's quite common for one or more of those wires to break inside the block or inside the insulation of the wire. An ohm meter from each light sockets black wire to the frame rail will tell you is there is an open circuit - broken wire. 90% of turn and tail issues are caused by those junctions. Check all your bulbs also. One of mine had 3 burned out turn signal bulbs.
Hey there so I finally got a chance to look at those wires and honestly they all looked good so I looked further down and nothing was apparent. Plugged everything back in they all started working so I’m not sure but thank you for the help !!! I appreciate it

·
Been there Done it
12,457 Posts
You might have has a corroded or loose connection and tinkering with it fixed it.? Hopefully the fix is permanent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts