S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty sure I read this earlier but I would really like to know how to put a tach in my 2000 S10 2.2L 5 speed. Please help!

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Buy one... most come with great instructions and are relativly easy to install with very basic hand tools!

You can do it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
i went with the autometer tach and the instructions werent so...instructive all it told me was what the wire was suppose to hook to. so i just hooke all my power wires to my radio wires (which worked out nicely) and then there was the GREEN wire :cry: it took me forever to find because the guy that worked at the store that i bought if from said the wire that i needed was under the dash and when i found the wire it was under the hood.lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
dont get me wrong autometer is a good company and all just not the most informative on instructions i got mine at seco perfomance and after 2 trips and 80 miles later i decided to ask people on here and it was a whole lot easier!

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
but.....its factory, which would mean having to buy a new cluster, which would mean....not cheaper...especially if you already pout flame gauges on the damn thing

Caleb

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Where is everybody mounting their tach and what size are you getting? I looked in my truck for a good spot to put it and I can't find one... I hate the look of a huge ricer tach on the top of the dash, but I don't want a tiny one somewhere I can't see it... I'm confused where to put it... I think a digital one would be kind of cool, but I haven't seen any that even look halfway decent (found one unlit lcd one... really ugly) Any suggestions/pics? Thanks,

DogP

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
does anyone have any part #'s for clusters with tachs?????

·
Entoxicated Hoodlum
105 Posts
Cant buy them from GM. The memory for the milage in in the cluster itself. YOu have to get one off a parts dealer or someone that has one from a parts/wrecked truck. Believe me I tried. I have a friend that works in the parts warehouse and he cant get he freaking thing. They are Government regulated.......*******s!!!!
I have one for a 5 spd. I bought it for my truck bcz I couldnt get one that was an automatic. Well I found one for an automatic so now I have an extra one that I might be selling??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts