S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a new Auto Meter tachometer, I am wondering where the tach signal wire hooks up to. If anyone can help me out please, i want to get this tach working. I have an 1989 S-10 w/2.5 5 speed :angel:

·
Registered
37 Posts
i am hooking up my tach to but i cant find where to hook the wire that gets the sinal please help

·
Goin' Nowhere Fast
3,340 Posts
here's what I did on my truck:

GREEN wire: coil (I think the brown...I'll check later tonite)
BLACK wire: ground on the cigarette lighter
RED wire: (you need a source that's constant when teh truck is on) so I took out my DRLs and used the + on that
WHITE wire: for lights: spliced into my lights for the heater controls :D

been like that for years, works awesome

http://www.red91s10.freeservers.com/photo.html very bottom pick

good luck...need any more help, lemme know :D

·
Master Shake
2,823 Posts
RED91S10 said:
RED wire: (you need a source that's constant when teh truck is on) so I took out my DRLs and used the + on that
WHITE wire: for lights: spliced into my lights for the heater controls :D[/B]
You think I could splice the red wire (switched source) and white wire (dash lighting) to the equivalent wires from my CD player head unit?

·
fatman in a little truck
12 Posts
h

Hey same truck as me 89 2.5
I hooked up my tack to the black (negative) wire on my coil I got to it by ways of the passenger fender well. Its pretty low in the engine bay. maby that helps........

·
Aftermath (Canuck side)
346 Posts
Well atleast we're not puttin tach's on 3cyls hahaha.. some guy with a sprint came into my work and wanted to know how to hook one up for it.. i just shook my head. Hey, i guess whatever floats your boat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts