S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will any extension housing bushing remover that works with a T5 also work with a NV1500?

If you have a link or model number of a specific remover that will work for the NV1500, can you please reply with it?

I am specifically asking about those that can be used with the output shaft in place, not some simple driver that can be used when the transmission is disassembled.

There are quite a few variations of this type of tool for different applications. Unfortunately, the individual tool specs are often not provided and/or the application information is lacking.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1997 S10 5.3L
58 Posts
It should work. The T5 (chevrolet), NV1500, 700R4, and 4L60E all use the same yoke and tail housing bushing. Just be gentle reinstalling the bushing. Use a small hammer and many small taps so as not to mushroom the bushing. Apply a thin bead of loc-tite to the outside of the bushing before installation. I've never used this tool, but I've seen it in some of the crusty guys' tool boxes through the years. I don't see why it wouldn't be fine as long as you're careful.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should work. The T5 (chevrolet), NV1500, 700R4, and 4L60E all use the same yoke and tail housing bushing. Just be gentle reinstalling the bushing. Use a small hammer and many small taps so as not to mushroom the bushing. Apply a thin bead of loc-tite to the outside of the bushing before installation. I've never used this tool, but I've seen it in some of the crusty guys' tool boxes through the years. I don't see why it wouldn't be fine as long as you're careful.
Thank you for replying. That is helpful information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts