S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rant:long story short i was going to my buddys place i turned right into his drive way and a Saturn suv t boned me his excuse was he thought i was turning left with my right hand turn signal on over the 3 foot snow bank then he blamed it on the roads witch where dry he hit me on the passenger side i was 1/2 way in the driveway and he was on the side walk hung up on the snow bank when i got out of the truck. dumb a** people now a days and to top it off he tells me to take it to his body shop and he will fix it and the insurance will pay for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That'll buff out :D But what the hell happened? Probably was playing on his phone. How the hell did he hit you when you were 1/2 way IN the driveway though? Sorry about your truck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hate to see that. Def. wouldn't take it to his body shop not knowing if he's a hack and drives a girly looking Saturn lol.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he thought i was turning left so he passed on the right and tryed to avoid me and ended up in on the side walk and into me. and that Saturn was probably a customers car

·
Forever breaking this S10
5,489 Posts
Man, that sucks that you're totaling out the truck and that they're making you sell that hood! I guess if you have to sell it, I'll buy it though. Same thing with those doors and the bumper.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well they totaled it they offered 2800$ i didnt take the offer been fighting but no matter how much the insurance company lies you cant do anything about it.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,221 Posts
^
I've gone through this before..if its the other person's insurance company your golden tho. Just refuse the offer,and say "well,you didn't hit me. Your client did. This is between us. He gave me your infoation saying you would handle it,obviously your unwilling...so it goes back on your client. I will see him in court" call the guy who hit you,and let him know his insurance company is unwilling to resolve the damages,and unfortunately you'll be retaining a lawyer,and now he'll personally be libel for both your truck,and your legal bills.

Ive used that technique twice,and both times it worked flawlessly. You don't have to settle with the insurance company,if they don't want to do right,it goes right back on the person that hit you...you'd be suprized how fast their tune changes when their policy holder calls them emmeffing them,fearing appending legal action:p

You should be getting enough to replace your truck with the identical truck purchased at a dealership including tax&fees...that truck local to me is a $4k-$5k truck at a used car lot...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts