S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I got question for you guys. I'm curious if anyone has any dyno numbers from adding the T/B spacers? And how thick are they? Is there a certain thickness they should be? Is there a size when they become no longer helpful? I noticed there is a lot of talk about how much they help and was wanting to see if I could design and build one to work on my 1992 Sl2. Engines are engines, but I just wanted to see some hard numbers before I go through the trouble.

Thanks
Mike92SL2

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
On the pre 96's they do show some improvement. SIZE? Heres the problem, they are generic in size, all seem to be 1 inch. Tests done by some very knoweledgable people have shown thickness 's do respond to power gain or loss, yes loss. Without a dyno to prove one way or another, its hard to say. But you can find spacers that are 1/8 to 1/2 thick. Its not fun nor easy, but they need to be put in at different sizes to see what actually works the best. They all can show gains with any spacer, but the problems lies in the full rpm range, while it shows 10 H.P. in peak you may be lossing much more than that at different rpm's which doesnt help over performance, and thats what is needed, not peak, but overall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T/b

Why are thy more effective on the 96's then the later models? How do they give the extra power? Does the spacer give more time for the air to mix with th fuel after the T/B?

Dammit I accidentally put this in the wrong spot it is suppose to go in the T/B spacers thread.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Pre 96 models, PRE. In 96 they came out with SFSI, which is a cheap TPI. It has 1 main injector with 6 poppets near the head intake ports. Spacers go under a carb or TBI to aid in the atomization of air fuel, by increasing plenum size, slowing air movement down.Having injectors near the ports inside or outside, the atomization happens there and having a spacer doesnt do anything if at all being well before the injectors. This is a old idea from carb days for H.P.improvements that companys are trying to sell for todays injection, wont work, cant work. Well wont say never, close, but wont. There are other things having a larger plenum can do, but I dont see it with these intakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts