S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put a 98 up ls1 style t56 behind a 96 or older v8 or v6. Ive got tons of measurements and have the transmission, just thought if someones already done this(I know SOMEBODY has) it would save me a lot of time. I just need to know what can be done for realatively cheap (not weir hot rods kit........cant afford it after the tranny) to mate them and be able to use a factory clutch and the ls1s factory push style throwout bearing and a factory s-10 flywheel. I know that the lt1 transmission bolts right up, but i already have this one, i know it can and will work with time and i dont want the pull style throwout bearing. and help is greatly appreciated.

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
Since they make one (the 93 to 97 model) that bolts right up to your 4.3....why do you need the 98 and up version?!?!?!? I don't understand.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
because It has the push style throwout bearing, lot less trouble to set up with my clutch linkage and easier to bleed. And i bought it at a reasonable price with low mileage close to home. I believe anything can be made to work if you want it too, just takes time. just thought someone might be able to help me out. clutches are a lot cheaper for 98 and up too.

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
it has been done, cant remember by whom, but i believe it requires making a 1/2 thick spacer plate between the bellhousing & transmission.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far from my measurements, thats the solution ive come to. But since placing a .020" shim behind a flywheel can completely change a clutches engagement or disengagement, i thought it might have to be a precise measurement. But 1/2" sounds right so far. If you remember who has done it, let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts