S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,661 Posts
biglogonafrog said:
Will I be able to put any kind of system in a single cab 98 s10,thanks
I don't know, will you?

You need to be ALOT more specific with your question dude. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
audioholic said:
I don't know, will you?

You need to be ALOT more specific with your question dude. ;)
Okay sorry, will I be able to put 2 good 12 inch subs in the cab with an amp and still be able to put my seat back. Btw I don't own an s10 yet but am supposed to be closing on one monday,thanks
 

·
blahh
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
yeah two eights would prolly be nice man. I don't think your goin to be competing or anything cause if you were you should get a different truck lol std cabs arent the best base to build a stereo but I think two eights and good set of speakers up front would sound great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,661 Posts
hutchS-10 said:
yeah two eights would prolly be nice man. I don't think your goin to be competing or anything cause if you were you should get a different truck lol std cabs arent the best base to build a stereo but I think two eights and good set of speakers up front would sound great
I find myself wishing Id bought a regular cab.... sometimes. Blow throughs are just so sweet. Im considering hanging my sub enclosure off the back/outside of my Blazer's tailgate, just so I can have a blow through.

Warning, some statements in this post may be false due to extremely lame sarcasm. Read at your own risk. (but blow throughs are sweetness)
 

·
blahh
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
bladehines said:
i dunno if you could put a good system in a single cab or not, i mean i wasn't able to.....:rolleyes:
my post had nothign to do with your truck though!!! just FYI lol your system def. qualifies as a good system though....I think he might drool a little if he watches your video :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,642 Posts
Thanks alot, yea. i think it's funny to see the look on peoples faces when they hear my sytem and look in the bed for a blow through, then they notice the 12 8's, and then they notice its a sealed setup.
 

·
FI Car Audio FTW!!!
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
biglogonafrog said:
Btw I don't own an s10 yet but am supposed to be closing on one monday,thanks
OK mang now is the time to set your priorities straight. If you have any intentions on installing a sub or two I would personally suggest a single cab. I mean you have yet to buy the truck. Why not get the extended cab? If money is an issue find an extended cab truck within your budget.

I mean don't get me wrong a single cab system is doable. However why limit yourself if you don't have to?

Tempe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,661 Posts
And, no offesne to the guy(s) here that use them, but I wouldn't buy 'slim' subs. Sure they allow you to get a larger coned sub in a tight space, but they are also rather limited in excursion capabilties die to their 'slim' design. Basically you sacrifice linear displacement for cone area, effectively giving you the over-all displacement of a 'normal' smaller coned driver. Doesn't make alot of sense to me. And when space is tight, its safe to assume a sealed enclosure will be used, which is where cone excursion is needed most.

Like has been said above, do an array of smaller subs (like Bladehines), do a blowthrough, do a center console invert mounted setup, or dont get a regular cab.
 

·
FI Car Audio FTW!!!
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
audioholic said:
And, no offesne to the guy(s) here that use them, but I wouldn't buy 'slim' subs. Sure they allow you to get a larger coned sub in a tight space, but they are also rather limited in excursion capabilties die to their 'slim' design. Basically you sacrifice linear displacement for cone area, effectively giving you the over-all displacement of a 'normal' smaller coned driver.
Don't forget that there are a growing number of drivers that are as small as 6.5" that have over 10 mm of excursion!

Tempe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,661 Posts
Tempe said:
Don't forget that there are a growing number of drivers that are as small as 6.5" that have over 10 mm of excursion!

Tempe
Just keep an eye out to make sure they have sufficiently low Fs for a subwoofer application. Neil linked to some with a low Fs the other day... good idea.

But yeah, if you get some 6.5's with a low enough Fs to play subbass well, that would make for an interesting arrayed subwoofer install. :D Id definitely chose that route over those shallow subs.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top