·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Nice! 4 10's? What amp?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no...4 12's....its a mtx 650class d amp. It's small in size...but big in power. Those speakers are 8 ohm. I've got 2 wired to each channel of the amp. Its f*****g loud. The guy who had it in his xtremem before me hit a 145db. I havn't tested it in my truck yet...not really expecting the same number cause i have a different cd player, and his truck was loaded with dynomat.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOLD ON....I'LL DOUBLE CHECK....SINCE IT'S IN THE CUBBY HOLE..I HARDLY EVER LOOK AT IT....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ME NEITHER!!!
thats cause it's a 6500D......my bad...it was a typo...here's the best i can do...since it's all crome, it's kinda hard to get a good pic without the glare. Not to mention that it's in a tight spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats a good question....I have no idea....you can kinda see how they're wired in.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no...its a 2 channel....There are 2 speakers wired to each channel

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
really???? Thats how my buddy had his wired....i think....but yeah...there are two terminals...hell...your looking right at it. It's not like I could lie about it...How would you wire it?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh..ok...so i didn't get ripped off or anything????

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
You are running it to it's maximum potential. THere are two terminals, but that is just for convienence, it's a single channel amp. The terminals are wired in parallel internally. So currently you have 4 8 ohm subs in parallel so the amp is running a 2 ohm load. So each sub is getting about 195 watts, probably 200 rms each is a safe guesstimate. I am assuming you have MTX 6000 subs by the number of ribs on the cone 4000 and 4500 series have none, 8000 series has more). 6000's are rated to take 250 rms each, so you are underpowering them a little. If it did 145 db I'd say it's pretty damn loud though!

If you ever feel the urge to upgrade I would step up power before changing subs. MTX's always seem to perform much better when feed their rated power or a touch more. Seems many subs you won't hear much difference from 200 watts to 250 watts, but in my experience it makes a large difference with MTX subs. Just a thought. Looks good, definitly louder than my truck!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks adam728....I'll keep that in mind....and yeah..i'm not one to brag, but its fu$*ing loud. Louder than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't have the funds for a new amp right now, but I'll look into it and see what's best for my setup. I used to have a kicker zr360. I sold it to my friend for little to nothing. Am I better off with the amp I have, or should I of kept the Kicker amp?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts