S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
bumpin' hard, drivin' fast, and looking good
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last week i was at work and come out and my window is shattered and wires everywhere! i had 12 audiobahn 12's and a cali profile 1200sx they stole box amp and everything besides my cd playa and my dash speaks.
SOOOOOOOO
i want to get a decent set of components and maybe new dash speaks for the present time period bc i dont wanan f with the system and shit for awhile, what are some good components and ones on a decent price? bc my budget sucks bc of fixing the window ect. thanks

·
git-r-done
712 Posts
12!!!!! my god.........must have been loud... sorry to hear man that really sucks.

-edit- maybe that is supposed to say 2 12's?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
look at his sig - 2 12" subs. man, that sux. maybe go with some Infinity Kappa plates for the dash, and some Kappa component sets for the doors?

·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well how much is a decent alarm

i plan on shaving my door handles and taking the lock mechanism outta the inside so i u cant break the window and get to my stuff,

but an alarm would deff be a possibility, also ya that meant to say 2 my bad!!!
so kappa components are good?

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Instead of buying dash speakers, buy dynamat or other sounddeadening and do a layer on the INSIDE OF your OUTER door skin and apply 2 layers on the outside of your INNER metal panel that your plastic door panel attaches. Benefits:Less road noise and squeaks, Better midbass and sound quality from the comp. set, besides have dash and door speakers may make it a little bit louder, but it will won't have nearly as good of a soundstage compared to having just an AMPED comp. set. Check out US Acoustics @ www.ikesound.com for that. Besides you can have the Alarm module installed inone dash speaker hole and a 1 or 2 REALLY annoying mini Piezo sirens in the other.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I sell mini Piezo sirens if you need any 115Db of loudness!!!!!!!!Thieves go def with a couple in a truck.
$8 shipped each

Only 2.3" long x 1.7" x 1.5" It has an adjustable metal mounting bracket and comes with 6' of wire.

LMK

·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how can u get behind to do a layer on the inner and i had the door off and it looked totally welded? also i didnt find any us acoustics on ike

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Let me straighten this up. If you take off the plastic door skin, you can see the panel which the door skin (with the plastic barrier attached to it) is actually attached to and the panel behind it which is actually the outside panel of the door (with the handle and keyhole). I think that it is sorta hard to deaden the outside panel of the door, but some is better than none. SORRY I meant US Acoustics @ www.thezeb.com.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts