S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
I like the syclones the best.I have been thinking about building a awd v8 S10.I have already done a couple of small blocks in s10's.It has truly been done to death.But the thought of a v8 awd does interest me.I dont want a 4x4 set up.I would like a full time awd set up.I just dont know who sells a awd transfer case.Or is the bravada case the only option.And sy/ty guys know what it takes to make a awd s truck.

·
238 Posts
Does it transfer the power 40 front 60 rear like the sy/ty transfer case?

·
238 Posts
Didnt know that was the power split.Every were I have read it says 40/60.

·
238 Posts
How is the front hubs set up.Is there a specific front hub set up that only they have.Or is it just like the awd on the bravada.

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
What about an Chevy Astro/GMC Safari. They have AWD too. It seems it would be more heavy duty too...I was thinking of stripping one down to the frame and putting an S-10 Body on it. Think it would work?

15,113 Posts
SuperSS27 said:
What about an Chevy Astro/GMC Safari. They have AWD too. It seems it would be more heavy duty too...I was thinking of stripping one down to the frame and putting an S-10 Body on it. Think it would work?
im not 100% sure.

as far as putting an S-10 body it on, that im clueless about, but I do know the propshaft on the Vans is longer I believe, so there has to be some reason for it, my guess is a longer wheelbase.

as far as it being more heavy duty, its not going to be any different that a SyTy or a Bravada for the most part.

·
Phoenix
505 Posts
If you dont mind I'll add .02 worth, The van frame is completly different, longer, wider, as is the wheelbase. You can use the transfer case from the van though. The easiest is to find a Bravada to use for a donor, recently I seen one sell for $ 800, a bit rusty but if you are looking for a drive train, something like it would be perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts