S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it be a bitch?? I have a 98 2.2 and i have a friend that as a 5 speed from a 96 5 speed, would it work?? Plus what do i do about all the sensors that goto the auto tranny when i switch them out?? Thanks in advance!

john

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Don't even bother, better off just finding another truck with a 5spd, and preferably without the 2.2. There are way to many things involved to do this on a bones 2.2, I could see if you had a high powered engine or a v8.

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry but i like my 2.2 and my truck, ive done to much to my truck to get rid of it now, plus i still owe two more years on it....

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
chevync said:
sorry but i like my 2.2 and my truck, ive done to much to my truck to get rid of it now, plus i still owe two more years on it....
Oh I'm not doggin' your truck, I'm just saying for what you are inquiring about, you would be better off just looking for another truck with the 5spd. I'm sure you could demod yours and get a similar truck with 5spd then remod and take a look back at it and say, "yeah sick".

·
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK
4,532 Posts
Basically 100% agree. Sure its easy to say, oh i'll sway auto for 5spd, but you dont know how much custom fabbing is involved to add a 5spd, you have to do al lthe pedal fabs, clutch masters, plates, etc...its so much work, not worth it at all, especially with that slug 2.2L. There is really nothing you cant "demod" on your truck with the exception of the tailgate unless you get another one and swap. Best advise....keep the truck with the auto or demod and buy a real truck with a v6 5spd and put all mods on to it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts