S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to figure out what I want as switches and guages , also don't know where to mount them...I would like to mount them on the pass. airbag cover. Has anyone done this before and how would I like to go about doing this? Any help appreciated a lot....

Note.... Show in Morristown TOMORROW, can't wait!!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Im assuming you want just the guages in the pass. airbag cover.. It would be a bit difficult to reach over to your switches fast enough as you pass a static dime..

You could look into the fiberglass thread and glass them in easily, make a little guage pod that has a slight tilt towards the drivers seat so you can see.

Basicly you could just take something like this ( http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/amc-107061_w.jpg )
as a model and attatch it into your airbag cover.

Read up on the fiberglass thread and it wont be that hard.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
It would suck to have to gauges over there in the airbag place, thats a long way to look over to see them, plus you'll be looking at them at an angle, and you'll get that parallex thing (sp?) or whatever its called, where to you it looks like the gauge is in one place, but its really somewhere else.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to mount the dakota digital guage over in the pass. airbag compartment, more towards the left side of the cover. Can I do this? I want to also probably mount the switches on my console somewhere!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
na_xtremes_10 said:
I want to mount the dakota digital guage over in the pass. airbag compartment, more towards the left side of the cover. Can I do this? I want to also probably mount the switches on my console somewhere!
do a search about the dakota digital guages. seems like 90% of the people that have them are unhappy with the way they read. they are constantly switching numbers which seems like it would get annoying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts