S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on lowering my 2000 extended cab s-10 2 inches in the front with spindles and 3 inches in the back with blocks. who makes the strongest swaybars for my truck?

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Grant said:
I am planning on lowering my 2000 extended cab s-10 2 inches in the front with spindles and 3 inches in the back with blocks. who makes the strongest swaybars for my truck?
hmmmmmm any idea of he zq8 swaybar will fit a gen 1 hmmmmm

There better FOCKER? :D
(aka Pewter01):bash: :bash: :bash:

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want a swaybar that stops all body roll.
I just got my new tires on 245/40 18 and 275/35 18 and that is the best modification I have made. My truck can corner so much harder, but it is still not flat in the corners.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Re: Re: ?? Swaybars

HUTcH said:
many idea of he zq8 swaybar will fit a gen 1 hmmmmm
mmmmkay you need to proofread your posts b4 you click submit.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Grant said:
I want a swaybar that stops all body roll.
I just got my new tires on 245/40 18 and 275/35 18 and that is the best modification I have made. My truck can corner so much harder, but it is still not flat in the corners.
I dont think that there is any swaybar on the market that will stop ALL body roll. In fact, the thickest one available, I believe, are the ZQ8 bars. You also might want to think about some kind of polyurethane bushings that will reduce body roll even more.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
yeah man changing bushings makes a huge diference all together, but then again i already have the zq8 sway bars lol:bah:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
joe said:
yes the zq8 sway bars will fit first gen s-10s.
both bars and all the parts run about $260 from gmpartsdirect.
schweet thanx for the info

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
does anyone make a thicker swaybar than HOTCHKIS
1 3/8inch Diameter Front Bar
15/16inch Diameter Rear Bar

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just bought $1000 worth of tires and the left rear rubbed on the frame when i went around a corner while testing at high speed, i just want a thick bar.

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
for anyone thats interested here is all the part numbers to order the zq8 sway bars.

zq8 sway bars part #s
rear sway bar
part# describtion Qty needed to order
15957475 rear sway bar 1
15989672 mount frame to link right 1
15989671 mount frame to link left 1
15989670 link (dog leg) 2
15697708 clamp outer 2
15697709 clamp inner 2
15152683 u bolt 2
11508101 u bolt nuts 1
11515358 bolts (dog leg) 1
10255857 nuts (dog leg) 1
15697706 bushing 2

front sway bar
part# describtion Qty needed to order
15981886 front sway bar 1
15991079 clamp 2
15697702 end link 2
11508696 bolts 1
15981887 bushing 2

all parts are avaliable from www.gmpartsdirect.com

·
XA FOUNDER!
40 Posts
Hotchkis is the thickest... trust me I'm fully hotchkis equipped. it won't roll at all. I even have stock wheels and tires and I can keep up in corners with xtremes now. these bars are 1 3/8" thick. anything thicker, I want to hear it because I'd pitty the person installing them those hotchkis sways are so freaking heavy. the actuall price is in the shipping not the bars. LOL... it cost like 70 bucks to ship mine oh and it's way better than stock. the zq8's are about the next closest thing or hellwig, hellwigs are great, because they're cheaper and only about 1/8" smaller diameter than hotchkis. they are hot bent like hotchkis too. only problem I think with hellwig, I heard they don't have the cut out for the stearing idler arm on the front and I've heard that it rubs. Hotchkis has molded around it for smoother operation. but yes these are the thickest you can buy without getting custom made. and the reason is because of that stearing idler arm... there would be no way to mount them to the frame if you even went another 1/8" thick. it would simply rub the heck out of the idler arm causing major major problems, possible damage to stearing components and might even tweak frame if over steared. and hotchkis has built the biggest you can possibly build without having this problem, if you're wanting to spend the cash, go for it it won't roll at all. in fact I'm replacing the shocks to get a little more roll because it's so flat. especially in the quick stearing. it's about a half inch thicker than stock, I'm not sure about zq8 thickness though but I'd guarantee it's less. only problem was the price. 475 plus shipping. oh and if you do choose hotchkis make sure they send the correct parts before you walk out of the store. I went in 3 complete circles before finally getting the correct bars. LOL.
J

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally got around to ordering and hotchkis discontinued their s-10 line, the guy said everyone wants to drop their truck and nobody wants performance anymore.
I am planning on getting the belltech 2/3 drop kit with spindles. Should I go with the hellwig anti-sway bars for the 2/3 drop, or the zq8 swaybars.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I found a thicker bar, just to let everyone know Belltech makes a 1 inch rear sway bar.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
if you dont want any body roll just dont cut off your bump stops....thats how mine were..... :) worst ride ever....

·
Registered
3 Posts
belltech makes an excellent sway bar front and rear the color is silver with red bushings the way to order is if you know the part number , I dont of hand call summit magazine or online they do not have them listed but can order them. the price was $125 each wiyh shipping about $137each quality hands down with the name behind it

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am only doing the front end and trying to figure out the part #'s I need to order to be able to do the complete job.

On the front links (part # 15697702).... anyone know if the nuts are included?

I know you need the bolts apparantly (part #11508696), but what about the end nuts?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts