S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 1" rear swaybar and they didn't include the diagram they talk about in the instructions:mad: , if anyone has a diagram of how to install the rear swaybar to the frame or if you know how please respond.
I have 7 washers, 4 urethane washers?, 1 bolt and 1 nut for each side where it mounts to the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
ok here ya go....is that all you got in your kit was thte bolt and washers and the urethane bushings, and the bar?
what you are showing are the end links....you need center bushings to atach to the fram and they go in the stock mounting holes, of you have them....the end links on my xtreme for hte rear are not like the ones you have so I dont know how you are going to hook it up unless you have some adapter plate...I have the "dogbone"type endlink on mine....and htey dont sell urethane bushing for them....I would call the company you got it froma nd ask them if you got the right thing.....so you need to big "u" pieces of metal with a big bushing with a hole in it the size of your bar to mount it to the frame, but you also need to look into if those endlinks work....

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was too late last night to call belltech, I called them this morning and got it installed, didn't even have to drill holes, now I can return the $15.00 5/8 drill bit I bought yesterday

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there were also 2 clamps that attached the swaybar to the axel. It did improve handling, but now I need to get a thicker front swaybar, anyone know where I could get a hotchkis front swaybar only, not the rear

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the truck is a little more responsive when turning, and it stiffened up the rear end.

·
Big Dreamer w/low Budget
207 Posts
:headbang: what would it cost to upgrade the sway bar and put a rear sway on my 86 that will have a 3"/4.75" drop:stickpoke

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is how the end went together.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts