S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
376ci LSX MCSS? Say what?
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 s10 wit a 2.8 and i wanted to swap a newer 4.3 rear in it. How hard is the swap if its even worth doing.

·
no longer has a 95
1,883 Posts
Why do you wanna switch. The 4.3 (except for 98+ 5-speed) had the same size rear axle the 2.8 does. Is yours broken? Do you want a diffrent ratio? The 7.5" can handle more than enough power than the 2.8 makes. There are people that do v8 swaps and keep the 7.5" axle.

·
STREET LETHAL
199 Posts
Why do you wanna switch. The 4.3 (except for 98+ 5-speed) had the same size rear axle the 2.8 does. Is yours broken? Do you want a diffrent ratio? The 7.5" can handle more than enough power than the 2.8 makes. There are people that do v8 swaps and keep the 7.5" axle.
mine are stock axles, they hed up so far, wee'll see when i drop the clutch with the new tires, my need moser axles then

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Only reason to swap would be to get disk brakes. The 4.3 and 2.8 stuff are the same strength wise.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I swapped a 2003 8.5 disc rear into my 91 it is a direct bolt in except for the e-brake cables which I am working on now, the rearend came out of an Xtreem Blazer the cables both run down the drivers side where the older setup ran them up both sides so I had to make a new bracket off the frame next to the gas tank & I had to get a new front cable because they are different,it also looks like I am going to need the pedal assembly from a newer truck the new front cable is shorter.. it is a pita so if you aren't going to swap a bigger motor stay with the stocker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts