S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to forum, but wish I had found it a month ago.

I have an S10, 2 wheel drive, that sits high. Due to a medical condition I need to lower the truck or possibly find a S10 Extreme.

My questions:

1. What were the standard factory suspensions put on 2 wheel S10s between, lets say 1999 and 2002?

2. What are the ground clearance height differences between each of them?

3. If any one has an Extreeme out there--if you where to lay a yard stick at the forward edge of the drivers seat, and let it extend out of the vehicle, what is the distance from the yard stick to the pavement?

·
Registered
296 Posts
From what I understand, they are two inches lower

you could put 50 series tires on to lower it, ghetto way to do it, would ride rougher but would work!

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
Extremes and ZQ8 S10 are about 2 inches lower than all the other 2wd trucks. They have the same suspension setups, the ZQ8 S10 doesn't have ground effects and cooler rims. If you go with lower profile tires then it's gonna make for a rougher ride and you're also gonna have more blowouts than with a normal size tire.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
"Zq8's" and Xtremes run a 1.5" suspension drop (springs n leafs) and a .9" overall shorter tire diameter....you could airbag it for some adjustability and you wouldnt have to go as extreme as laying frame if you didnt want to...im sure an s10 oculd be bagged to maybe lay out a 4/5 or 5/6 drop and inflated run stock height...or just go static drop and use spindles and blocks..that on top of a ZQ8 will give you about 3.5/4.5 overall drop in height and add a lower profile tire and you could have it another .5" or so lower

1 - 6 of 6 Posts