S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:mad:-newbelltech spindles,coilsprings,leafsprings-3/4 drop rides great. Truck sits 1" lower on drivers side. Is this because of gas tank? How can I fix?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend had a bagged s-10 and it didn't ride very well. Nice wheels blkSonoma I've got a set of boyds also. What did you pay for yours?

·
european member
67 Posts
its my second 96' lowered S10
also belltech lowered
i test and exchange the spring from other side of the truck
and i have the same problem
1" lower at the driver side ?????

no solution ???

teddy

:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
you need to put the coils in the drain holes

if they arent in there they will sit wrong in the spring pocket making it higher so check to see if the spring is lined up with the drain holes.

·
For Sale
190 Posts
if u wanna fix the back and are using blocks, try a setup where drivers side is 1" block and passengers is a 2" block, this may sound weird, but it works and doesnt harm how it rides.
I got my rims for 700$ through a friend.

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
I had that same problem when I first got my 4" drop done. I'm still using 4 inch blocks in the rear(on both sides) but what I did is re-arched the leaf springs on the right side till it raised the right side to the same hieght as the left side. good luck!

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
on like page 16 of the threads, seems like no-one knew where to post threads lol

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
s-10 trucks sit 1" lower on the driver side from factory, or so ive been told. you dont notice it until the truck is lowered. you can just go and get a spring pad or spacer. it is a rubber ring that sits under the coil to lift it up an inch. my 84 s10 was noticeable after i lowered it with all belltec stuff, but i didnt know about the 1"thing until recently. my 97 sonoma at stock height is about 1/2 to 3/4" difference from driverside to pass.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i heard once that s10 sit 1 inch lower on the drivers side i believe. i also read that bell tech was the only company that took that into consideration when designing there coils. you might have the coils on the wrong side of the truck. i had a 97 s10 and i noticed it because i used chassistech coils and they didnt compensate for the inch difference.

S

·
0 Posts
why are you moving old crusty threads, nobody even looks at the 16th page. you must have been bored. lmao

1 - 15 of 15 Posts