S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if i'll have a problem with an xtreme with a 3 inch block drop in the rear if i cut off the dump stops and put stock shock on it? i dont want it to bottom out into the frame i'm not exactly sure how far the suspension travels in the rear going over potholes and bumps but i cant stand the ride of the nitro-drop shocks but they are the only shocks that keep me from slamming the dumps....so i want to put stock shocks back on it and cut the bumps off all the way to the frame...i know i've seen people do it before on this forum......thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
The bump stops are gone on mine,( 4/4 drop) and I have the ZQ8 shocks, so yours would only be .5" lower, I think it would be fine. Yours has a factory 1.5" + 3" for total of 4.5" I installed a short rubber bumpstop above the axle, in case of a bottom out, but it does not bottom.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u think it will?....has yours ever hit? thanks!

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
i have the zq8 suspension on mine, and dropped it another 3 inches it hit all the time. but we got really sh!ty roads in ca.
install the blocks if you hit to much, you will know all about it. then cut the bump stops off.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you cut your bumps off all the way to the frame on the zq8 and it doesnt hit the frame at all, even over a big bump??...i mean i dont think it will cuz that would mean there would have to be 6" of travel or so and something else would probably hit first...

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
you should cut out the bump stop brackets too after u pull out the bumpstops

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i was gonna go all the way to the frame but now it looks like some break lines and possibly the hop shock what interfere with the suspension travel....anyone help? or know if i should do anything else other then cut the bump brackets off.....its practially sitting on the bumps now....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts