S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some ideas for my daily driver...................

I have a 95 S10 Extended cab w/ 4.3, 2 wheel drive. It has 180,xxx on the clock (probably closer to 190,000 actual). My commute is 80-100 miles a day. The steering is starting to get pretty sloppy, and the body roll is getting worse.

What do you guys suggest for improvement sterring, body roll and overall ride comfort on a budget? I am not looking to drop the truck to the ground, but would conisder a 2/3 drop to improve ride and handling.

Can improvements be made with newer stock parts, or are the aftermarket parts that much better?

Thanks for any advice! You guys have some sweet looking trucks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I will have to make some time to go through that.

Do you think a kit like this would do the trick for the suspension:
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/bel158.html

I have been a lurker for a few months. Mostly coming the classifieds for OEM take-offs. My truck is completely stock. It has been good to me though.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
replacing the worn out factory rubber bushings with a set of polyurthane ones would make a huge difference. You would need the upper and lower control arm, sway bar and rear leaf spring bushings in a kit. Also check the upper and lower balljoints on the control arms and last replace any worn out tie rods or idler arm parts to regain your responsive steering.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Also I suggest you read about Street Beat in the Consumer
Reports forum before you send money to them. You may have to
do a search, but I believe it's best to be safe than sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts