S-10 Forum banner

Which Suspension Setup is best for a 3/4?

• 2" spindles, 1" springs w/ 3" leaves,1" blocks

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • 3" coils and 4" blocks

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 3" lower control arms w/ 3" leaves, 1" blocks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none of the above (Please reply w/ your advice)

Votes: 3 15.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Proud to be a Cop!!!
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to lower my truck really soon. I have decided though, that when I lower it I am going all out sport suspension (handling purposes). I think I am going to go 3/4 Beltech (2" spindles, 1" coils)(3"drop leafs, 1" angled block) Also I want to put sway bars and poly bushings. For shocks, I am going to use Toxic's 10-stage. Any Suggestions?

Also, does anybody know where I can get good quality sway bars and maybe a strut tower?

·
Registered
271 Posts
if u want handling your probably gonna want to go with the smallest block possible, because the bigger the block the more wheel hop it cuses. so something like a 3" leaf and 1" block in the rear and sindles and 1" springs up front. as for the sway bars u shoudl just get some stock ZQ8's cause they are pretty damn big 1 and 1/4" up front and 7/8" out back im pretty sure. toxics are hella stiff if u dont mind it then go for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
well it all depends on how much you plan on spending

3" coils and 4" block would be cheapest
but i think that the best way to go would be 1" coils, 2" spindals, 3" leaves and 1" block

as far as shocks i use either belltech's nitro active about $45each(not belltech nitro drops, about $25 each) or doestch tech about $40 each....the belltech nitro actives and the doestch tech are about the same in quality.

·
Audi Tech
2,487 Posts
trruuck said:
:woah: What is that? Is that a coil over setup? How much does that setup cost? If it was fairly inexpensive, :hitit:
i think they are around $400 or so. many different combo's avalible for your driving. http://www.carrerashocks.com/GM Coilovers.htm i would have gotten them, but i'm baggin this truck. if i get a 1st gen i'll get them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wouldn't go with Toxic's, just installed some today, ride like crap, unless you don't mind. My other buddy has Nitro drops in his xtreme and they're not so bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.