S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, haven't posted on here in a while- i bought an s10 recently and the previous owner slammed the front, but its actually only because he took the coils and shocks off, leaving it sittin pretty low, my question is- when i go over a bump or anything it slams pretty bad (understandable) i'm just wondering if not having front coils or shocks is going to **** up my front end. thanks, mike

·
fog it!
487 Posts
i don't see how you can even drive it with no coils

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Like said above no coil at all?

If so that is VERY bad lol

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
redSStreak said:
i don't see how you can even drive it with no coils
The trucks will drive without coils, but then you gotta remember that the frame is sitting on the lower control arms.

But yes they can drive, albeit a very ROUGH ride.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i knew no coils was bad, thats obvious... im just concerned about it screwing up my balljoints or front end, dont want my wheel flying off lol.

and yea its a very rough ride lol, drop coils are on the way but for now i still roll it and dont want anything messing up. good looks on the info.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
SlammedDime said:
Dude... give the keys to a responsible adult until you can put a suspension on that thing. Do NOT drive it like that.

thanks for the concern bro. but ill be going on 20 soon and have had a few cars here and there lol. i'm just wondering if my front ends going to fall apart lol but yea i feel ya it isnt the smartest thing but the truck is not my daily but i do drive it still.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
SDimeBlazin said:
thanks for the concern bro. but ill be going on 20 soon and have had a few cars here and there lol. i'm just wondering if my front ends going to fall apart lol but yea i feel ya it isnt the smartest thing but the truck is not my daily but i do drive it still.

Only thing I can think about is if it is on its bump stops or on the frame?

anywho with out anything to asourb sp? shock you have allot of mass in the truck that does not want to move so when you hit a bump that force insted of getting placed into the spring is now applied directly to the mass of the truck through your lowerball joint.

If anything that would be the first thing to fail and to check when you replace the spring.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks alot bro definetly will replace all ball joints when i put in the drop coils. all i needed to know... thanks.

·
s-series #2?
gone
24,805 Posts
haha im swapping my rear shocks right now or was.. i was doing it at a friend's house like 3 min away. the damn bushing is jammed or rusted onto the shock bolt so tightly it took me an hour to get one side off.. with a hacksaw. and it got dark before i got the other side off. so i just said ill do it tomorrow and drove home with no shocks. got quite sick.. waaaay too bouncy. i dont EVER wanna ride a truck with no coils or shocks. you still have the leafs tho? or is the axle welded to the frame?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts