S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
99' S10 LS 2.2L
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post, take it easy on me please.

I have a 99' s10 2wd auto that I installed a full 2" rough country lift on (springs/shocks/leaf). The ride isn't what I thought it was going to be and I definitely miss the handling from being lower to the ground. Can I install belltechs 2" drop spindles and 2"-3" drop blocks while using the rough country springs and shocks and have a decent ride? Or would I need to swap out the springs and shocks?

Thanks guys

time to get cereal
You could leave those in, but you'd be at stock height again. Blocks and spindles don't affect the suspension travel.

Registered
99' S10 LS 2.2L
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Gotcha, I mainly got the lift because the OEM suspension was spent when I bought it. I'm starting to think it would look better at stock height or an 1" or 2" lower.
20200524_040831.jpg

Been there Done it
Those rough country springs and shocks aren't intended to give you a decent ride. They're supposed to stiffen the suspension for all the off roading you will be doing with it lifted 2". Your best bet would be to go back to stock springs and shocks. If you want it a bit lower than stock try to find ZQ8 suspension parts. Good luck finding some.
I see you have ZQ8 wheels. I hope you didn't remove ZQ8 parts to lift it. That would explain why it originally sat a bit lower than your average S10. Have you checked the glove box to see what suspension you had?
I hope you didn't throw away parts worth some decent money. Like the Bilstein shocks. were they yellow?

Registered
99' S10 LS 2.2L
Discussion Starter #5
Those rough country springs and shocks aren't intended to give you a decent ride. They're supposed to stiffen the suspension for all the off roading you will be doing with it lifted 2". Your best bet would be to go back to stock springs and shocks. If you want it a bit lower than stock try to find ZQ8 suspension parts. Good luck finding some.
I see you have ZQ8 wheels. I hope you didn't remove ZQ8 parts to lift it. That would explain why it originally sat a bit lower than your average S10. Have you checked the glove box to see what suspension you had?
I hope you didn't throw away parts worth some decent money. Like the Bilstein shocks. were they yellow?
I see you have ZQ8 wheels.
-snagged them off eBay, I had the 14s or whatever the tiny S10 wheels were.

I hope you didn't remove ZQ8 parts to lift it. That would explain why it originally sat a bit lower than your average S10.
-pretty sure I don't have the zq8. 75k on the truck but the shocks were done all around.

Have you checked the glove box to see what suspension you had?
-no but I will in a bit.

-I know those and I definitely would of been excited to see them under my rig lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts