S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 93 Jimmy SLT 4dr.
I'd like to get a 3 inch or so suspension lift for it, just so I can put on slightly bigger tires.
What is my best option for this?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Cheapest simple lift for a larger tire size is to put shackles in the rear and crank up the torsion bars in the front. That can get you an inch or maybe a little more. What is your budget?

You can do spring over axle conversion in rear to net about 4 or 5 inches of rear lift. Combine that with lift spindles in front.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought a 92 4 door jimmy it has a lift on it but I’m not sure of the brand. Has a tortion bar drop bracket and control arm drop brackets in the front. Anyone know what company’s made a lift with t bar drop? Looking for the brand so I can purchase new shocks so I can figure a tire size out. Brackets can be seen in the photo
2B627CD1-3AED-4896-84AF-4E87E50A1B38.jpeg

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,233 Posts
Welcome to the forum....

Bad etiquette to hijack someone else's thread. You should start your own in the Liftin' it section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cheapest simple lift for a larger tire size is to put shackles in the rear and crank up the torsion bars in the front. That can get you an inch or maybe a little more. What is your budget?

You can do spring over axle conversion in rear to net about 4 or 5 inches of rear lift. Combine that with lift spindles in front.
If you want to keep tread on your front tires, I suggest not cranking the torsion bars. It will severely alter your alignment and camber. I accidentally screwed mine up, and shredded my tires. I wasn't happy. There is a 2" lift out there, I forget where I saw it. If I see it, I'll post here for you. Personally, I'm likely keeping my 94 stock height and putting 30s under her. I've considered swapping the front suspension to leafs if I go to lift it. Sure, it would ride rough, but it's the only thing I could think of unless I fabbed a custom front for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts