S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to drop my 98 s-10 ... the only drops that i have found are a 4/4 drop... right now i have 18's on it.... 255 series.... i want to know if i need a 3/4 drop or if i can still get the turn radius that i need from the 4/4 drop.... i have a feeling that with the 4/4 drop that i will loose my turning radius....... if anyone knows of a sight that i can go to please let me know..... i really want to drop my truck but really cant afford bags....(which is what i really want)

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
what do you mean you cant find any kits other than a 4/4? they make all kinds of drops. 1/2, 2/2, 2/3, 3/3, 3/4, 4/4, 4/5, 5/5, 5/6

since your worried about losing turning radius, just buy a set of 2" drop spindles, and a set of 1" drop springs, install them and see how she rides. then if you still want to go lower, you could allways replace the coils with a 2" coil, or you could simply cut 1/2 of a coil off the 1" drop spring, and then they will net you a 2" drop.

the rear could be a 4" block or a 3" drop spring, and a 1" block.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey all who replied ..... i went to DJM Suspensions and purchased a 4/4 drop kit on wed... 12/3/2003 and installed it the same day..... it looks sweet and rides like a champ.... check on my home page on my profile..... shoot me some ideas on my next mods.... thanks everyone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts