S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my "ex-friend" and I had to helicoil a sparkplug in my truck, he is a mechanic, and not a good one, he shortcuts everything and just gets it done. Now, you may ask "why do you let him work on your truck when you knwo he does these things?" well, thats because I always watch him work on my stuff, and I dont like these that "just get done". well, lets just say, when he threaded the helicoil in, in put it in too deep, and made the spark plug hit the piston, and made it run super lean and trashed cylinder #3. so my engine is screwed. He owes me alot of money due to other circumstances. and now my engine is screwed. good friend huh? owe well, i will be in court for the toher stuff, and i just have to bit the bullet on the motor. so if anyone needs parts let me know. I am getting rid of the whole drivetrain. Its a 1995 2.2 5spd with 150,000. it ran reall good with full mantainance. i didnt run it hard, race, track it or anything. just a good daily driver.

engine, tranny, driveshaft, fuel injection and all engine accessories are for sale. let me know....

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
holy shit!! Thats what happened to your engine.....Damn.....although I suppose it might be a little hard to thread a helicoil the exact same as the stocker, but to go all the way through....you'd HAVE to know something was wrong.... damn dude......

www.automotiveengines.com They have a 2.2 for ya, if you're replacing it....if not....sounds like a good time for a 350 swap, and if you don't live where you have emissions.....carb'd 350 swap

Caleb

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mid missouri. i'm safe with emmisions. its weird. the stock thread got stripped, so we tapped it out, and helicoiled it, and bam. suck arse. i should learned, this was the same friend whom years ago, fixed my oil pan gasket on my Eclipse gst, and put a bolt in the wrong place, gouged itself into the timing belt and made it skip time and bend all my exhaust valves :(

i learned my lesson. now I do my own work!!! period!

anywho. i am inheriting my Uncles 86 blazer 4X4 in the late spring. I have my exhaust stuff i will put on it, and my efans and stereo equipment. so i will still have my s-series daily driver. :) my truck will sit for the v-8 swap and i am inheriting my fiances 89 honda accord after we get married (dec. 30th) when we buy a new car.

so.. next spring, i will have three vehicles hehehehe

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
huh, checked that site, i can get a 350 for the same price as the 4 banger... hehehe riiiight. i definitly am not putting the 4 banger back in it.

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
mustard_madman said:
mid missouri. i'm safe with emmisions.
:uhoh: How are you getting by on emissions? When I lived in MO I couldnt do my v8 swap because of this. Sounds like ya got a hook up somewhere.......:clap:

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
Btw, if you get no takers on your drive shaft, Id be interested in buying it.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
columbia.... we dont have emissions here. they just check for exhaust system that are solid, and cat. equipped if necessary. when i do my setup, i wont have to have cats. if i get a v-8 before 76 i think...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, Whenever I let my friend's friend lower my truck, they accidentally let the truck sit on the steering rods (the things that connect to the spindles) instead of the lifts. I just bit the bullet though and let my stepdad pay for it. haha.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
mustard_madman said:
columbia.... we dont have emissions here. they just check for exhaust system that are solid, and cat. equipped if necessary. when i do my setup, i wont have to have cats. if i get a v-8 before 76 i think...
The truck will have to be pre-76 as well, not just the motor. To be legal in most states the engine being swapped in must be from the same-year or newer vehicle and retain all emissions equipment.

That sucks about your motor, stupid accidents are always a pain in the ass. Just wondering though, how do you figure the plug colliding with the piston "leaned" it out and caused the damage?

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
adam728 said:
The truck will have to be pre-76 as well, not just the motor. To be legal in most states the engine being swapped in must be from the same-year or newer vehicle and retain all emissions equipment.

That sucks about your motor, stupid accidents are always a pain in the ass. Just wondering though, how do you figure the plug colliding with the piston "leaned" it out and caused the damage?

leaned it, an d collided are two different thoughts. trust me, here in mid mo, they dont look at those things for emmisions. as long as the exhaust and smog are setup properly with the engine. then thats all that matters. its just not strict here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts