S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if anyone makes some sort of supercharger for a 2.2. And if so how much it puts out and the cost on it?

·
Registered
920 Posts
There isnt a supercharger for the 2.2 in our trucks the ones made for a cavalier probally wont work. But you can make a turbo setup a few of us are planning one. Sport Truck specialties is working on a turbo kit for the 2.2 but no one really knows when it will be ready. Im just gonna do my own turbo when i get some time and moeny set aside.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Turbos can be really easy or really tricky. The hard part is getting the piping done and the tuning. My biggest setback is no exhaust manifold. Lonewolf is making one so ill probally buy one off of him.$300 then the Turbo a nice T3 maybe T3/4 $800 or less. THen the downpipe for the exhaust and the piping can be done by a nice custom exhaust shop. $200 ( i havent priced it yet). then the BOV ($200). Intercooler $300(really depends on the type i havent started the measurments yet). Custom burn on the computer $400 or so. Ive already begun upgrading my fuel and ignition anyway so thats gonna be ready to go by the time i get around to this maybe in the summer. Right now its just trying to find all the info im gonna need reasearching how other people did theirs. IVe seen nice turbo set ups done for under 1200 it all depends on what you buy and how much you can do by yourself.
I went poking around under my hood and im kinda worried about clearance with the steering equipment looks kinda close. I was gonna wait till someone else had done it so i could kinda follow in the footsteps but ill see. All of the stuff up there is about @2200. But i could do it alot cheaper. Ive seen plenty of new t-3s on ebay for under 500. I just need to find the right shop that can do the piping and exhaust work. I just can afford to have my truck down right now so dont expect anything soon.

·
Registered
920 Posts
sorry about the novel, If the Ecotech is just the regular 2.2 engine in the cavalier most of the parts are interchangeable with our trucks. not all of the parts but some of them are the same as our trucks.

P

·
0 Posts
Sportruckspecialties.com has a turbo for the 2.2
It gives 50-75 hp not intercooled and 100 intercooled
it is 3500-4500
but for that money go put a 350 in it

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Yea....for the price of a turbo or supercharger setup you open up a lot of other options. A crate motor 350 can be ready to go in your truck for under $2000 and it will put out more horsepower (but won't be as trick.) Shop wisely and up can get loads of horsepower for the buck!

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts