S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled off a Vortec Super Charger off of a wrecked Grand Prix.
Anyone know if I can mod this to fit a v-6 4.3 vortec. My truck is a 97. Setup is a little different. Doesn't have model number listed. I think it is Vortec who makes it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
go to www.machperformance.com . They sell the ATI Procharger kit. you may be able to buy all of it except the charger itselft. Ask them if the mounting bracket from the ATI will fit the Gran Prix one. I don;t know much about that one., but the ATI is centrifugal, so if the Gran Prix's is roots or twin screw forget about it. You would have to have all of the parts you need fabricated.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
nope...won't work. Well.....it could but it'd cost way more then to buy an ATI/Vortech/or Powerdyne kit.

The 3.8 from the grand prix and the 4.3 are completly different castings so the lower intake from the supercharger will not bolt up to the 4.3 heads...I doubt the ports would even line up.

Even if you did manage to fab up a new lower manifold, you'd then have to completly re-do the fuel system. Somehow hybrid in the GP's Muilti-point injectors in with the S10's screwy poppit injection system.

Then you have the problem of the throttle body being on the BACK of the motor...which actually is pretty minor compared to everything else.

A lot of custom work involved. If you have the time, money and talent then by all means do it. If not....don't even bother.:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts